“Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful committed citizens can change the world; indeed, it’s the only thing that ever has.” – Margaret Mead
We’ve Graduated Over 50 AmeriCorps Members!
A strong community offers its residents opportunities to both grow and give back. We’ve found the federal AmeriCorps program a perfect way to work with motivated adults looking for the next step in their lives. To learn more about federal AmeriCorps programs visit www.AmeriCorps.gov.
Long-term studies of AmeriCorps volunteers reveal that they continue to serve in their communities long after their service has been completed. NWBRV has hosted more than 50 AmeriCorps members through arrangements with the Local Initiative Support Corporation (LISC) and NeighborWorks America and have seen those studies in action. In fact, we are proud to say that 25% of our current full-time staff have served as AmeriCorps members at some point in their careers.
Click here to learn more about where some of our past AmeriCorps Members are now.
NWBRV AmeriCorps Accomplishments
- Provided those who are un- or under-employed information about foreclosure prevention at the Department of Labor and Training site in Woonsocket
- Coordinated more than 40 community clean up events in partnership with the Great American Clean Up and Blackstone Valley Tourism Council
- Canvassed Woonsocket to raise awareness about foreclosure modification scams
- Planted fresh fruits and veggies at the Community Garden on the corner of Olo and Center Streets and improved neighborhood facades by painting fences, landscaping, and adding artwork to neighborhood fences
- Organized NeighborWorks Week clean ups and neighborhood celebrations in June and provided support to event planning volunteers coordinating Main Street Events like the Candlelight Stroll and Pumpkins in the Park
- Completed Citizens Police Academy and CPTED training to assist in community policing efforts
- Published and distributed community newsletters like “The Heritage” and “The Times” and managed our social media pages
For more information
To learn more about joining our AmeriCorps team, contact Margaux Morisseau at 401-762-0993 ext. 233 or at firstname.lastname@example.org.