With so many demands on today’s families and the importance of child development and college preparation, it’s important for families to know someone has their back. That’s why NWBRV provides an affordable, year-round youth program called College Ready Communities (CRC’s). Our programs are for school aged youth and are located in Woonsocket.
Our mission is to work with families, educators, and community partners to provide a safe environment where youth achieve academic success and develop healthy minds and bodies.
The CRC program employs certified teachers to support literacy and STEAM (Science, Technology, English, Arts, Mathematics) learning. In addition to academics, we teach youth leadership, civic engagement, and college preparedness. We also work to connect youth to positive role models who are part of their community. By taking a holistic approach to learning, we aim to instill strong positive values in our youth while encouraging play and fun.
Learn More About Our Youth Programs
For more information on each Youth Program location, please click on the links in the sidebar Table of Contents or click on the links below:
- Grades K-5: program accepts DHS Childcare Vouchers.
- Art Center- The program, located at 146 Sayles Street provides before and after school programming during the school year and full day programming during vacations and summer.
- The Art Center is open Monday – Friday 6:30pm – 6:00pm
- Grades 6-12: programming is FREE
- C3 Center- The program, located at 120 Northeast Street (driveway between 179 & 185 Sayles Street), provides after school school programming during the school year and full day programming during summer.