The Mary A. Longtin C3 Center caters to youth in middle school and high school in Woonsocket and the surrounding community. Enrollment at the C3 Center is free.
The Center is open year-round. When school is in session, the program operates from 2:15pm – 8pm, Monday – Friday. During Winter Break, Spring Break and Summer Break the program operates from 10am – 8pm.
The C3 Center is equipped with a computer lab, small kitchen, community center, environmental lab, and 2 classrooms.
Programs at the C3 Center include:
- Academic Time
- Homework: Teachers help youth to complete homework and assignments daily. Our teachers are in direct communications with parents and their teachers about the youths academic needs.
- Tutoring: Teachers will help youth struggling in subjects to improve grades and understanding of the material. We ensure that all our youth are passing classes and achieving academically.
- Sure Track to College: Through this program we are able to put all high school students on the the path to graduating on time and are prepared to enter a 4 year college. We help with SAT preparation, applying for financial aid, and enrollment in college.
- YMCA Membership: Youth who regularly attend program are able to obtain a YMCA membership and have the opportunity to go up to 3 days a week. Youth are also able to participate in daily exercise that we incorporate into our program through our On the Move grant.
- Navigant S.A.F.E. accounts: Middle and high school youth enrolled in this deposit-only college savings program work to achieve savings milestones and become financially educated.
- Mentorship program: Each middle school student is paired with a youth program teacher to build a special relationship so that each student has a trusted adult in their life. Mentors meet regularly with the youth, school teachers and parents, to help students achieve their goals
- Healthy Snacks and Meals:
- During after school programming we provide all youth with a healthy snack.
- During full day programming we provide all youth with breakfast, snack, and lunch.
- All of our snacks and meals follow the USDA’s dietary guidelines. Our program is peanut-free and we are very accommodating to all allergies.
- Enrichment: Teachers create daily enrichment lessons that help our youth to develop important skills, knowledge and independence. Our enrichment classes are STEAM-based and some current offerings include Cake-matics, Vertical Farming, and Healthy Lifestyles.
Location and Directions
Located at 120 Northeast St., Woonsocket, RI 02895, the C3 Center is conveniently located near several schools and RIPTA bus stops. Please see the map below for instructions on how to access the Center. In your GPS, enter 179 Sayles Street, Woonsocket, RI 02895 to get the most accurate directions. The driveway to C3 Center can be found between 179 and 185 Sayles Street.