Marshfield Commons College Ready Communities is an after school program, catering to youth K-5th grade who live at Marshfield Commons Apartments in North Smithfield, RI. If you more questions or would like to enroll your student, please contact Zachary Morin the Education Programs Manager by email: firstname.lastname@example.org or phone: 401.257.6219
- Our center is now DCYF Certified. At this time we are enrolling any North Smithfield residents. We also now accept DHS CCAP vouchers.
Hours of Operation
Marshfield Center operates Monday-Friday 3:15-6:30 pm when school is in session. During February & Spring Break and Summer Summer Vacation, youth are registered at the Art Center in Woonsocket for full-day programming.
The program is open to all Marshfield Commons and North Smithfield Residents.
Programs at Marshfield Commons include:
- Academic Time
- Reading: Students participate in both silent reading and group reading to build on the skills and lessons learned in school.
- Homework: Our teachers help youth to complete homework and assignments daily and are in direct communications with their teachers.
- Enrichment: Our teachers create weekly enrichment projects that help our youth to develop important skills, knowledge and independence. Our enrichment classes are STEAM-based and some current offerings include building leprechaun traps, designing their own cities, vertical farming, and artistic expression.
- On the Move: Our program offers daily physical activity for 30 minutes a day to all youth. We believe have physical activity is essential for good physical and mental health, as well as academic achievement!
- Hands-on Learning Stations: The center is equip with learning stations that engage students of all abilities and learning levels. We specialize in tactile, hands-on learning that gives children an educational experience that is fun and engaging.
- Healthy Snacks and Meals: During after school programming we provide all youth with a healthy snack. All of our snacks and meals follow the USDA’s dietary guidelines. Our program is peanut-free and we are very accommodating to all allergies.