In these tough economic times, we know that families are doing the best they can to improve their economic situations, but it’s not always easy. Here at NeighborWorks Blackstone River Valley (NWBRV), we can help you better manage your money, set and meet financial goals, track expenses, and use credit wisely. Our team of credentialed coaches will meet you where you are and get you on the path to achieving your financial dreams.
Our Financial Empowerment Program provides:
Personalized coaching sessions that focus on your needs and goals. In a coaching session, customers can expect to:
- create a new budget and savings plan that meets your financial needs
- review your credit report and create a plan to help reduce your debts and increase your score
COST: Coaching is FREE of cost. However, there is a $25 fee associated with pulling a credit check.
CONTACT: Roz Mitchell, our HUD Certified Financial Counselor: email@example.com, (401) 257-6129 x210
Financial Empowerment Workshops
We offer several one-hour long workshops to help build skills and give our customers an opportunity to meet and support one another, while working towards their financial goals. Current offerings include workshops on:
- Improving credit
- Building short-term savings (to help you get ready for an immediate need such as the holidays)
- Starting a business, adding income/revenue to your budget
- Using technology to manage your finances
- Setting and reaching financial goals
- and much more!
COST: Varies, see Course Calendar for DetailsCOURSE CALENDAR
Rent RIte is an eight hour educational series (two hour classes for four consecutive weeks) for those who are looking to become tenants. Topics include:
- Overcoming housing barriers
- Understanding credit (includes a free credit check)
- Budgeting and money management skills
- Moving in and achieving housing stability
CONTACT: Tim Gilbert, Resident Services Coordinator, at firstname.lastname@example.org or (401) 216-6277 for registration and to inquire about dates and times.
Online Money Management Class
Provided through our partner at eHome America. This class empowers you to:
- Understand Savings and Spending
- Understand Credit
- Manage your Personal Finances
COST: $30REGISTER HERE