Thinking about buying a home can be as stressful as it is exciting. What if there was someone who could be your partner from start to finish, an expert with your best interests at heart, working to make sure you have everything you need to make smart home buying decisions?
NWBRV is all that and more! As a nonprofit, one-stop shop for homebuyers, our HomeOwnership Center’s mission is to help you find the best home and support you both before and after you purchase your new home.
The NWBRV Difference
In addition to offering classes, all participants in our homeownership workshops will receive one-on-one coaching and follow-up from our H.U.D. and NeighborWorks America certified counselors; we’ll be your sounding board, cheerleader, coach and biggest fan throughout the home buying process providing you with all the support you need to achieve your homeownership dreams.
We offer several workshops and training sessions in both English and Spanish to help simplify and prepare you for the home buying process.
- eHome America ($149/registrant): This eight-hour online class is designed for the customer on-the-go. The content is a virtual version of the in-person four week homebuyer education series which empowers families who are not sure where to start or want to purchase a home but sure that they are credit or savings ready.
For $50 savings, use coupon code: HOC1
- Fast Track to Homeownership ($75/family): This jam-packed two-session series runs through the basics of buying and maintaining a home. The series is tailored to families who are pre-approved for a mortgage, already have a “purchase and sales agreement”, or have an expired homebuyer education certificate from a previous class.
- Four Week Homebuyer Education Series ($75/family): This four-week series will help you determine the smartest path to purchasing the perfect home. This series is ideal for families interested in buying a home but not sure where to start or those who want to purchase but aren’t sure they have the credit or savings ready to sign that purchase and sales agreement.
- Landlord Training ($75/family): This four-hour long session covers the basics of business management, lease agreements, and your rights and responsibilities as a landlord. This class is best suited for those who already own or are interested in owning a multifamily property.
- BOOST! ($10/person): These one-hour workshops cover a wide array of financial topics that will better prepare you and your family to purchase a home. See our sidebar menu link to Financial Empowerment for more info.
To register for one of our upcoming workshops, visit our HomeOwnership Compass site and sign up/log in today!
Down Payment and Closing Cost Assistance
Some cities have programs available to assist home buyers with the purchase of their homes. These types of closing cost and/or down payment assistance programs have many requirements, including a certificate of completion from a RI home buyer educator like NWBRV. As your one-stop shop for all things home ownership, our team would be happy to assist you as you navigate these resources. Sign up/log in to our HomeOwnership Compass today to learn more about products and services that may be available.
Beginning your journey to homeownership is easy. Create a HomeOwnership Compass account from any type of computer or mobile device. Once your profile is complete, a personalized road map will be created to help you find your way towards a new home!