Today is your lucky day. The College Ready Community program at NeighborWorks Blackstone River Valley is seeking two new dynamic educators to join the teaching team. If you are an educator or know of an educator, please consider applying to work with our K-12 students in Woonsocket or North Smithfield.
Teacher/ Teacher’s Assistant
Compensation Range: $10-15 an hour
Hours: 8-15 hours per week
Location: North Smithfield and/or Woonsocket
NeighborWorks Blackstone River Valley is looking for Certified Teachers and Teacher Assistants to work in our College Ready Community Program. The College Ready Community (CRC) Program’s mission is to work with Families, Educators, and Community Partners to provide a safe environment in neighborhoods where youth achieve academically and develop healthy minds and bodies.
As a Teacher or Teacher’s Assistant, you will help to manage the after school program and create learning opportunities for youth in grades kindergarten through college. Essential functions include but are not limited to:
- Developing and/or implementing enrichment curriculum
- Directly nurture and encourage children by providing them with a variety of learning and social experiences appropriate to their age.
- Work with other teaching staff to maintain a safe, effective education environment.
Education and Experience Requirements:
- Associate/Bachelor’s degree preferred. Must have experience working with youth.
Licenses, Registrations, and Certifications:
- RI Teaching Certificate preferred. On-going professional development or continuing education credits are mandatory. Must have means of transportation.
- E-mail a resume to Zachary Morin, Education Program Manager, firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis.