Position Type: Summer Learning Coordinator
Evaluation Schedule: Twice a Year
Compensation Range: $18-20 an hour
Hours: 15 hours per week in summer; School year hours vary
Reports To: Education Program Manager
Subject to Background Check: Yes
Business Line: Community Engagement
Function of Business Line: This business line offers a variety of programs and services to enhance the quality of life in neighborhoods throughout the region where NWBRV’s housing developments are located. Programs and services include a comprehensive youth out-of-school time program focused on college access, resident services, advocacy, neighborhood-based events and cultural celebrations.
Duties and Responsibilities
Summer Learning Coordinator is responsible for aiding in the planning and implementation of College Ready Communities’ Summer Learning Initiative. This program’s aim is to eliminate summer learning losses and to instead have learning gains in the summer months.
• Participate in planning and implementation of summer program.• Attend all meetings and required trainings.• Aid teachers in their STEAM-based lesson planning to ensure that it aligns with summer learning initiative and make suggestions or changes.• Approve all STEAM-based lesson plans and help to implement lessons when needed.
• Act as a resource person to staff and youth for summer learning.
• Occasionally substitute for absent teachers as needed.
• Promote the values and mission of NWBRV in all interactions with children, parents, and staff.
• Directly nurture and encourage children by providing them with a variety of learning and social experiences appropriate to their age.
• Adhere to primary communication method (email) and respond to all emails.
• Complete all job duties including program notes, attendance, and cleaning schedule.
• Attend scheduled staff meetings and required professional development training.
• Assist with other projects as needed
• Contribute to the overall goals of the Community Engagement Business Line and NeighborWorks Blackstone River Valley’s Mission.
Qualifications & Requirements
Education and Experience Requirements: Bachelor’s Degree required. Experience in Woonsocket School System preferred.
Licenses, Registrations and Certifications: RI Teaching Certificate mandatory. On-going professional development or continuing education credits as required. Must have means of transportation.
Knowledge, Skill and Ability Requirements: Excellent public speaking and writing skills, engaging communication skills, knowledge of the local education system, advanced proficiency in all Microsoft office suite programs, and Google applications.
Physical Demands: Regularly required to sit, stand, walk, talk, hear, operate a computer, hand-held learning devices and other office equipment, reach with hands and arms, and must occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 pounds
Email a resume and cover letter to email@example.com.
Applicants accepted on a rolling basis.