NWBRV is once again partnered with the Group Mission Trips Workcamps program to bring a much needed resource to private home owners in Woonsocket, predominately to the Fairmount neighborhood during the week of July 22-26, 2019.
The program provided home repairs at no cost to residents of the city, increasing property values and stabilizing the community. In addition, the program purchased materials and supplies from local businesses and brought nearly 400 tourists into the community for one week to visit sites, eat at our restaurants, and enjoy the rich history and culture found here.
Workcamps are intensive one-week trips that help people grow in faith through service. Individuals and youth from around the country will spend one week in our community performing hands-on home-repair projects for elderly, low-income, and disabled families. The work at each home will be done by 5 young people, and at least one adult leader, representing many Christian denominations.
Eligible repair projects may include:
- Porch repair/construction
- Step repair
- Exterior painting (up to 25′)
- Roofing (no stripping)
- Wheelchair ramp repair/construction
- Interior painting
Both labor and materials are free to qualifying households.
The 2019 Program is no longer accepting applications.
If you’d like to be considered in 2020, please return in March 2020.
Investing in Woonsocket
Since the start of the program in 2016, the Woonsocket Free Home Repair Program has served 109 home owners marking a $709,000 investment in the City. Beyond labor and materials, volunteers spend time dining, shopping and visiting local attractions, further supporting our local economy.
About Group Mission Trips
Group Mission Trips has over 40 years of experience doing home repair throughout the country.
- To assist the elderly, disabled, and low-income families with home-repair projects they cannot manage themselves
- To support local agencies with their backlog of home-repair and weatherization projects
- To provide cross-cultural service experiences for young people
- To help young people grow in their Christian faith through service