NWBRV is partnering with Group Cares to bring free home repairs to the Woonsocket community the week of July 17-21, 2023.
The program provides home repairs at no cost to residents of the city, increasing property values and stabilizing the community. In addition, the program purchases materials and supplies from local businesses and brings volunteers into the community for one week to visit sites, eat at our restaurants, and enjoy the rich history and culture found here.
Workcamps are intensive one-week trips that help people grow in faith through service. Individuals and youth from around the country will spend one week in our community performing hands-on home-repair projects for seniors, low-income, veteran and disabled families. The work at each home will be done by 5 young people, and one adult leader, representing many Christian denominations.
Eligible repair projects may include:
- Porch repair/construction
- Step repair
- Exterior painting (up to 25′)
- Wheelchair ramp repair/construction
- Interior painting
Both labor and materials are free to qualifying households.
The 2023 program has is no longer accepting applications.
Please return next year for Summer 2024 information.
Contact Paula Rezendez (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Investing in Woonsocket
Since the start of the program in 2016, the Woonsocket Free Home Repair Program has served 149 home owners marking a $709,000 investment in the City. Beyond labor and materials, volunteers spend time dining, shopping and visiting local attractions, further supporting our local economy.
About Group Cares
Group Cares has over 40 years of experience doing home repair throughout the country.
The program has 4 key objectives:
- To assist the elderly, disabled, and low-income families with home-repair projects they cannot manage themselves
- To support local agencies with their backlog of home-repair and weatherization projects
- To provide cross-cultural service experiences for young people
- To help young people grow in their Christian faith through service